A static installation can be used in both the industrial and agricultural sector as well as at homes used for heating oil. Houses, schools, farms, factories and transport companies are groups of risks. Police statistics show that fuel theft is one of the fastest growing crimes. Therefore you should protect your possessions with Fuel Shield.
Fuel Shield can use multiple sensors to detect any attempt to gain access to the tank. This can be done by removing filling or inspection caps, cutting breather pipes or through access flaps and hatches. The system may also detect if the tank has been drilled or spiked.
For most domestic oil tank applications a single sensor is usually sufficient. The system can also be used with existing security measures or a CCTV system.
Fuel Shield on your static tank
- Fuel theft alarm: When the system is armed the alarm is activated and the system will send a text alert to the authorised phone numbers when the fuel cap is opened or perforated ( with exclusion of some plastic tanks).
- Fuel cap alarm: Every time the fuel cap is opened when the alarm system is disarmed a silent alarm gets activated and a text alert gets sent to the authorised phone numbers.
- Power failure: If there is a power cut the alarm gets triggered and the system will send a text alert to the authorised phone numbers.
- If any attempt is made to illegally open the tank, the alarm gets activated.
- If any sensor wire is cut, the alarm gets activated.
- If any sensor is removed, the alarm gets activated.
- If the power supply unit is removed a power alert gets sent using the system back up battery.
A contract SIM card is required to use the text and calling functions. A PAYG SIM card cannot be used for this. SIM card is not supplied with the system.